Sunday, August 8, 2010

What I'm finding where

Since I didn't have a resource like this when I moved here, I thougt it a good idea to help other people out. I'm not sure if anyone will ever happen upon it, but I know my friend Mollee was very appreciative of the Hong Kong info she found on someone's blog. So this won't be an interestin read at all unless you are Ashley Kelly who I am so looking forward to meeting this month.

Baby stores
Mothercare at Bangsar shopping centre - the new one. I found good wipes and baby lotions here. They also have a good assortment of toys, clothes and baby accessories. I used Huggies wipes because they were thicker and hate the wipes I found in the grocery here. The are labeled with a M. I think they are the mothercare brand. I just started using the lotion on G and I think I like it. It is called Buds for baby and it is organic. Both of my kids are prone to eczema and I have always used Aveeno. Anything less and the eczema shows up.

Mom's care at 1 Utama- this is where I found the best baby gates for us. The are Little Boen brand and they carry the extensions as well.

Safe n Sound at 1 Utama - this is also a baby supply store, but the important thing I found here are the bolts for the tension gates I bought. We have very thin ballisters that are made of metal. These have little pacman shaped mouths that stay put on the thin ballisters. The are compatible with the Little Boen gates.

The trick to buying baby gates is being able to get them to your car. Most malls of shopping carts if you can find them, but if you are like me you are already pushing a baby stroller. So we buy them when Bill and I can go together.

I've been shopping at The Gardens mall lately and the Robinsons department store had a large baby section that I wish I had known about.

Grocery stores
Every mall I have been to as a Cold Storage grocery store. Just like any other chain some locations are better than others. We use the one in Solaris Mont Kiara, but I think we are going to start using the ones at the Bangsar malls. It appears they have a larger import selection. The Bangsar shopping centre (new) also has the Gourmet shopping area which is really nice. We have yet to try two different meat markets/butchers we have seen. One is in Mont Kiara called LasVacas- beef it up and the other is in Solaris Mont Kiara called MeatWorks. I know Meatworks is Halal or no pork, but not sure about the other. Per the name it may be just beef.

Malls
Bangsar new and old
1 Utama
The Curve, E Curve and Ikea
- has an Ace hardware, a computer store, lots of restaurants, Harvery Norman (electronics and furniture) Authenteak, of course Ikea, a Maxis for phones...etc. This place is large so it is a little confusing getting from one section to another.
KLCC Suria

No comments:

Post a Comment