Monday, August 9, 2010

Reid is off to school

Today is Reid's first "full" day at school. He goes from 8:30-1:30. I can tell that the morning routine is going to be my back up work out. Carrying Georgia and all his school stuff while rushing him up the hill and the 3 flights of stairs to make it on time definitely breaks a sweat...all this while I see other moms all dressed up like they spent 2 hours getting ready just hanging around. These are the true Asians that probably have a maid, a nanny and a driver. We are SOOOO not there...yet. :) So last night I got Reid's backpack all packed up for him. He needed a towel, a change of clothes, kleenex, hand sanitizer, wipes, a toothbrush, toothpaste and cup, a snack, a book bag, a pencil bag, and a water bottle. Oh yes and a hat and I was supposed to send flips as well - which I forgot. Oh well. They probably won't do any sand and water play on the first day anyway. So yes I got all of those things ready with his name on them and thought, thank goodness they are providing him with lunch! Crap that is a lot of stuff. I was able to pull everything together before his first day - whoo. That shopping is done. I am so hoping he has a great day. We had a difficult time listening yesterday and caused quite the scene, I'm sure, at the bank. I reiterated this morning the lesson I hope he learned...to listen the first time so Mr. Balfour does not have to say things twice....yeah right. So yesterday we make the bank as our first stop as I needed more cash to pay for his lunches and his school supplies that I can get at their school store. I go to the ATM with the kids in tow and of course Reid says I want to help and I said no as I'm putting in the card. He says I want to get the money for you and I said no, do not touch it. So what does he do. As a whole stack of money comes out - 20 bills to be exact- he grabs them and they all fall on the floor. If that isn't a flashing red, blazing light to say come rob me please I don't know what is. I was furious. I'm sure we were quite a scene. Those people thought I was crazy. If we were at Hogwarts(sp) I think Reid would have burst into flames from my stare. He got a spanking in the car and again when we got home. If I didn't have Georgia with me I would have gotten him right there in the bank. So Georgia is sleeping now, I need to go shower, and the driver will be here in 45 minutes. He is taking us to Selangor to see a furniture store where I am soooo hoping we will find a couch. I'll get to see a new part of Malaysia. I'll try to take some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st day of school to Reid!! Sloan started preschool last Tuesday and I had to prepare an earthquake kit for her...basically enough to get her thru 3 days. A first for me, but seemed a good idea.
    Best of luck couch shopping! So loved our skype and seeing your pretty faces. :)

    ReplyDelete