Sunday, July 18, 2010

We've arrived: day 2

So where's day one? I haven't yet sat down long enough to post for day one yet describing our trip here and the first day. Day two is coming to an end...an early one so maybe I'll get to it tonight. It is now 4pm and after a great day so far we decided to venture out in a taxi to a furniture store around 3pm. After 10 minutes in the taxi Georgia pukes - alot. What to do? We have one bib and some wipes..and the taxi driver says we're here! Uh...sorry sir...we need to go back to the hotel. Total bummer! We were looking forward to getting out and looking for furniture for the house. We think Georgia got car sick. It is very easy to do here. I've never had an issue, but when Bill and I visited in May I did get car sick from driving around all day in the heat. So we are now back in the hotel room trying to figure out how not to fall asleep! This is not going to be easy to do. Walking around outside is not a possibilty since it has started to rain. Hopefully we can manage to keep the kids busy and get room service.
Our day started around 4am when everyone woke up or should I say the kids woke up. Georgia had her morning nap at 6am and when she woke up we went to the grocery store. After that we hit the pool at the hotel and the kids loved it. Lunch in the room and the naps for the kids and me (so awesome!) followed. I wish we could have gotten some shopping done this afternoon, but we will try again tomorrow. We have Reid's assessment at his school tomorrow. I'm worried about Georgia having an issue tomorrow with the car rides. I'm not sure how to prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment