Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday, can it be the last day in July already?

I can not believe that it is already July 31st. It doesn't seem we've been here that long, but we arrived on the 17th. Not to mention some really big things are happening in August ( Reid starting school, the kiddos birthdays and my mom and dad are coming to visit) and they always seemed so far off. Not so far anymore. Reid is starting school on Thursday and I am so excited for him...with tears actually. The poor kid has been through the ringer and we have pushed and pushed and pushed him. He has been so good and soooo very bored, I'm sure. I'm excited to get him back into a routine as well as meeting some new friends. I hope there are some friend prospects for him here in Serene Kiara. I'm sure there will be someone as this weekend we have seen tons of other families looking at houses to rent here. It will be nice to have some activity here, although I know it will take some getting used to hearing the family on the other side of our wall. I guess that just means more wine! Speaking of, tonight we had some good wine that the lady at the grocery recommended ( as I take my last gulp). It is very hard shopping for wine right now as most of it is Australian and New Zealand and outside of Sauvignon Blanc I know absolutely nothing. I was relieved that her suggestion hit the spot. We made dinner again tonight and I knew I had been slacking with Reid as I'm steaming him broccoli and he is jumping up and down about how good it smells and how excited he is for it. I said it smells like a can of toots. Reid says a "canoftoots"? And I said yes. He said what's that and I said you know farts and he said...you mean poots?! I thought that was funny and kind of happy that he hasn't grown up so much that his favorite word is fart. I'm sure the day will come. Anyway, I think he is the only person that likes the way broccoli smells when it is cooking. I made pork tenderloin and we had left over potatoes and green beans and let Reid tear up the broccoli.




Reid and Bill swam in the pool today. Reid did excellent and even took his floating devices off and sort of swam to Bill. They made a deal that when Reid swims across the short distance he can have this riding thing he saw and then Reid negotiated later that when he swims the long distance he gets both the riding toy and a blower. Too funny.




So on the home furnishing front we now have our mattress - who knew you could ever talk so much about mattressess...sorry, boring I know. We also have Reid's room mostly furnished with a bed, nightstands, and a desk. It is too cute and I think he really loves it. He feels very big in it. We also purchased two pieces today; an entertainment or tv console for upstairs to keep a little munchkin from reaching out and kissing the tv and then also a large shelving unit for the entry way. Not couches, but a step in the right direction.




We drove today to Bangsar withou any help. We had to make two or three guesses at forks in the road and ended up choosing right - yeah!!! Bangsar is definitely an area I will frequent so I'm glad we made it there. Now, can I do it again? Who knows?!


Random pics - our car here which we are renting and Reid in the pool today.

No comments:

Post a Comment