Thursday, July 8, 2010

Are we there yet?

No, we are not. We were originally scheduled to depart Houston on July 6th and now that has been pushed to July 15th. I was both relieved and a little disappointed. After counting down for so long, you just want to get there. In the end though I am thankful. This gave me more time to get out of our house, cross off items on the to do list and see some friends one last time. Everything happens for a reason. So now we are living at my parent's house for another week. It has been and will be so nice to spend more time with them. The kids have also enjoyed it. Georgia, after spending a week with them while Bill and I were in KL, has definitely engraved Nino and Pop in her mind. She loves them and loves the constant attention with so many people around. Reid is having a great time. His last day of school at Primrose was July 2nd and he hasn't mentioned it since. He has always liked what he calls "stay home days" and has quite a few of those left. The international school in KL he will be attending does not start until August 5th. Yeah for mommy (with some sarcasm)! Truly I have enjoyed being with my kids more since quitting my job in April, but there are days I miss being ALL ALONE! "Alone" has been added to my list of top ten words for sure. Anyway, as I mentioned we are just getting things done, seeing some friends, and trying to figure out how to get all of our stuff to KL. I am so looking forward to getting there while trying not to think about the plane ride, the jet lag, or the lack of mexican food, not to mention how much I will miss everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment