Friday, July 30, 2010

Finally, back on the horn

So I've been behind n the blogging as we still do not have internet service at our house and because of a few other minor issues prohibiting from getting to the internet via my computer....but I'm baaack! Yeah. I don't even know where to begin. Last time I wrote it was Saturday and the forst day in our house. Bill was leaving Sunday and it is now already Saturday again. Where does the time go? I survived the 5 days/4 nights without Bill on a bottle of wine and bean burritos! Ok, and a little choclate ice cream, but I had to share that with Reid. I was very sad when Bill left, trying to hold back the tears of I really don't want you to go and leave me by myslef in this strange country, just yet. I think I did ok, but he knew. The first night was a little nerve racking. Just being in a new house there are so many new noises and you are constantly wondering is that the a/c or someone breaking in...is that something outside or a rodent in the house...you know, stuff like that. I made it through the night, but I was looking forward to Bill's quick return. And can you believe I STILL do not have a coffee maker? I have not had my cup o' morning joe since we left the hotel...oh please save me! I have only found one maker that would suffice and I wished I had bought it that day. We are going back there TODAY so tomorrow morning should be simply...uh...wonderful would be the appropriate public word. Anyway, back to Bill's return. He got in late on Thursday and after sitting around the house waiting for various people to show up at our house, I vowed not to stay in the house on Friday. Bill had plans for work and golf, but lucky for us, golf was cancelled. We went to a new mall yesterday called 1 Utama. Except for the incredibly confusing layout it was much like any other mall around. I was hoping to score big on baby stores and furiture. Baby stores yes, lots of furniture not really. So we bought a baby gate (which turns out not to be the right fit), a food steamer, and a bunch of things at Ikea. I think I could nvigate Ikea in my sleep. It is like one of the great wonders of the world over here - packed almost all of the time. So I took measurements of almost every wall and spce in the house with the exception of the stairs for the baby gate - duh. Oh well. Hopefully we can get one that works soon. I was happy to find they so have adapters that SHOULD work on our stair railing. Things are going well at thouse as we slowly get things to make in functional. I will take pictures soon. We have another maid coming on Sunday she gets paid $5/hr. We have neighbors moving in this weekend or next and I think they are British. They have at least 3 girls with the youngest looking a little older than Reid. How do we get so lucky to live next door to all of these beuatiful girls. In Fall Creek we lived next to the Jones girls - 3 of them and yes all beautiful. Hopefully our new neighbors are just as sweet. Well that's all for now. I should be
on a somewhat regular posting schedule now! Some pics of our drive to the mall and our "neighborhood".


No comments:

Post a Comment