Saturday, January 29, 2011

And Bill is off again

A few months ago Bill was traveling non stop. I think four weeks in a row he was home only 1 day a week. It was a very busy month and I missed him terribly. That kind of traveling really throws a kink in your love life. Like everything else you adapt. I was hoping that we would try as much as possible to not go there again...and here we are. Bill left about 30 minutes ago to head back to Jakarta. This will be his 3rd week gone in a row. The downer about this week aside from him just being gone is it is Chinese New Years holiday for MKIS, Reid's school. We have the whole week off and I had high hopes for doing some cool things with Reid. I'm still going to try, but it's not the same without Bill. While is it hard to see Bill off again I know it is for good reason. He is making really great progress here and making a name for himself within his company and around Southeast Asia and India. I'm really proud of him. I'm hoping he'll be back soon and definitely before Friday. The Kelly's have invited us over for dinner and to watch the fireworks from their 40th floor condo. Really looking forward to the action. The Kelly's have really been a blessing for us and Bill and I say how nice it is that we connected with them before we even arrived here. We've met a lot of other really great people here as well and it is so amazing how natural it feels getting to know them so quickly. You really just hit the fast forward button. We been very lucky to come to know this many wonderful people.

It hit me yesterday that I feel like I've definitely settled in and have become "with it" as far as where to go around here. With all of the complaining and frustrating moments I had when we moved here about the parking and the autopay parking and where in the world to find everything...I finally feel like I can for the most part find just about everything I need. Now whatever I find is just icing on the cake. I feel really comfortable knowing where to park, where to pay and how things generally work here. I told Bill recently that I definitely have settled in and feel Malaysian. I was out with the girls one night and we sat outside as usual and I felt cold (because they have the a/c from inside that makes it outside as well). Bill thought I was crazy, but it's true. I find myslef getting cold places that I wouldn't normally. I remember my friend Jennifer telling me the same thing after moving to California. Once you deal without a/c for awhile you really can do without. When Bill is gone I don't mind turning the a/c off or leaving the doors open for a little bit.
I've also done something I never thought I would...I DOUBLEPARKED! Yep, my friend Keli was telling me how she does it as it is just a necessity and I did it the other day. I felt like such a rebel! What a rush! I'm sure those that know me will understand as I am definitely a rule follower...boring yes I know. So I think that is about it for now. Kids are napping, I need a shower and then we are off to do a little shopping at Plaza Damas and then over to a friends for some play time and dinner.
Love Natalie

1 comment:

  1. CUTIE!! I love that you broke a rule!! Happy play time and week of celebration!

    ReplyDelete