Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Few Moments


A sigh of relief? No, more like a sigh of relaxation...no pending deadlines or to do lists with urgent deadlines. I have a few moments now to catch up. I spent a couple of weeks finding mattresses and furniture and groceries for our new house. I spent a few days preparing for my parents arrival. I spent another few days preparing for the kids birthdays. The last few days I have been buying plants for yard, planning for our sea shipment, and finally putting away all of the things that arrived. I woke up today feeling somewhat cleansed and relaxed even though I did not sleep well last night. Bill just left for the airport. He is headed to Thailand this week. The kids are napping and the maid is cleaning. I have a few moments to do something and this is it. Sit here and type on my computer about the past three weeks. I doubt I will get very far, but it sure feels good knowing I can just sit here and type and have no urgent items to do. The upcoming weeks should be filled with much more relaxation and much less stress. I can work at my own pace. Talk to friends and catch up on my soap. Organize the office, decorate the house, maybe do some baking. It feels nice.
My parents left Wednesday to go home and I was very sad to see them go. It was so nice to have them here. I loved spending time with my mom shopping for plants and pots and figuring out where to put all of them. I loved having them here for the kids birthdays. We had a great time, but had a lot of things to do. We did lots of running. Mom and I got to go to Central Market and to Chinatown and we had so much fun. I can't wait to go back with her. I'm looking forward to their next trip here and of course our trip home this December. I'm so thankful they were able to come visit so soon in our adventure. It was so nice to have my mommy and daddy here :).
As I'm typing, I hear our "attached" neighbors drilling something. I think my few moments may be almost over. Little G may not like that noise.
We have met the Kelly's and have spent some time with them. I am very thankful to Kacy for connecting me with Ashley. We absolutely love them and it is so nice that their kids are almost the exact ages of ours. Charles turned 4 the end of July and Hatch will be one in October (I think). This is going to work out really nice! Charles attends MKIS with Reid, however, he is in a different class. The are both in swim class together and both are playing MKIS little league soccer. We are looking forward to spending more time with their family and also helping them to get settled in their new home.
The kids are doing great. They are very occupied with all of the toys we shipped and they have fun together. Today we had a couple of shelving units delivered so we will have some order to the chaos. Georgia got a PBK chair, like Reid's, for her birthday and she loves it. She climbs in and out. I see now how the 2nd child ends up on top of things all of the time (thinking of Sloan on the kitchen and Marlo on the activity table). I think the 2nd born are just nuts! No fear for sure. Our little princess is definitely the same way and very head strong. We tell her no and she'll either throw her hands to her sides and grunt at us or grunt and point at us. Occasionally we will even get the evil eye which of course just makes us laugh. Reid is having fun and saying the cutest things. I'm looking forward to watching him grow through soccer and swim lessons.
The house is coming together. Most things (excluding the office - ugh) are put away and I just need to do a little more organizing and decorating. We'll need to call someone to hang all of our things on the walls. They are made of brick and concrete here so it is a little more difficult to do it yourself.
I'm sure I'm leaving out somethings, but that's it for now. Here are some pictures from the past three weeks.






2 comments:

  1. G looked like a doll on her b-day!! And love the birdie pics, those are beautiful!! Sounds like you are getting organized and settled, a good feeling for my type A friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAhhhh... you are back! Love these pics and your latest updates. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete